Wednesday 27 November 2013

Post Op Preparation

Post Op Preparation.

I have tried to prepare as must as possible before I become ‘disable’ for few weeks. I was told to have my thigh sutures remove two week post op and phallo sutures three week post op.

Word of advice: Make sure your GP and the nurse is nice and supportive! If not change immediately. Make appointment with your GP and the nurse to chat about your operation and book with that nurse for at least 1 hour appointment for your sutures removal.

Now back to my experience, I make appointment and speak to my GP about my surgery and post op care that I need. I told my GP I need longer appointment and he said he will book double appointment (30mins). At the time, I didn’t know that it takes more than 1hour to remove those sutures on my thigh (or arm). My GP ring me the day before my surgery and assure that he have make the double appointment with the nurse for me.

So I went to my nurse for suture removal after 2 weeks post op… and my nurse remove my dressing and she went into panic mood. There were more than 50 sutures to remove and it was covered in blood crust. She then tell said I was only booked for 15mins appointment and she have to book me back on Monday for 1 hour appointment and she will get my GP to involve helping me to remove the sutures. She removed all the staples and it feel so good to have them removed!
I then checked with Mr Christopher if I could remove my thigh sutures when I am going down for my 3 weeks post op sutures removal with the clinic nurse. He said that’s find so I leave it to that. I think my phallo was not supported properly and it create a ‘folding line’. Over there where the blue nylon sutures were start to get slightly infected.

I could have let my district nurse or my GP nurse remove the sutures on my phallo (after 3 weeks post op). However I opted to go to London and let the clinic nurse remove to sutures to have a peace of mind to know that everything is ok.

3 weeks post op and I am in the nurse clinic with Fiona. I told her that my thigh sutures need to be remove and she wasn’t aware of that. She remove my dressing and start removing the blood crust and the sutures came off easily. She insect and clean my thigh then told me that those are dissolvable sutures and I don’t have to worry about it.  She then removed all the blur nylon sutures the along the bottom of the phallo and around the phallo. She then pass a tube though my neo urethra to check that there isn’t any blockage. She then told me that everything is okay and my phallo does not need to be support with dressing anymore. I was wearing boxer when I went down as my phallo was supported with lots of dressing… and now, the phallo is hanging in my pants… I felt very insecure, felt like the phallo will drop and etc. It is definitely a very weird feeling to have something hanging in between your leg.

So I went back with my phallo sutures removed, fully expose and not supported, my left leg still cover in dressing and my right leg looking good without any dressing on it.

To be continue…

No comments:

Post a Comment