Wednesday 18 December 2013

Stage 2- Phalloplasty - Part 1

I'm lying in my hospitals bed now recovering from my stage 2 Phalloplasty operation.

I had
1. Vaginectomy
2. Join up urethraplasty
3. Glans Sculpting
4. Fistula repair
5. Clitoris buried  and...
6. Tidy scars from stage 1.

My operation was yesterday morning. I was admitted on Monday afternoon, I was allowed to eat until 5pm. After that, I was just told that I could have soup and bread if I want. Around 9pm, I was given enema and told to hold it as long as I could. I didn't know what to expect after that. After a while I felt that I need to go to the toilet for some businesses and I guess that they procedure.. I went to bed feeling hungry... I woke up at 6ish told to shower and change into hospital gown. I then get back to sleep while waiting for Mr Christopher and anesthesia to pop in and ask me questions. Both came around 8 ish. I then brough down to the theatre and both the anesthesia was chatting with me while getting me prepared.. I remember nodding off looking at the clock about 9.30am..

I was woken up around 2.30pm then fall back to sleep as the anesthetic is still in my blood... I vividly remembered that they asked for my nurse to bring me back to my room. I went back to my room around 3.30pm and my gf was waiting for me there. Mr Christopher came to see me and say everything went well. He said I could discharge the next day if I'm not bleeding heavily.

I basically sleep until about 6pm. I was told to drink lots of water. My catheter bag was filled with blood and I was told it will clear once I start drinking water. Around 7pm I was asked if I like to have my dinner, I was not feeling very hungry but I just ate slowly...

No comments:

Post a Comment