Saturday 10 August 2013

Day 2 - 1st stage thigh free flap phalloplasty

Day 2
Operation Day

I woke up around 5am. I first went to have a shower and wash myself with the pink antiseptic soap.

After shower, I change to the hospital gown and continue my sleep while waiting for the nurses, anesthetists and mt surgeon to visit me. The nurses came in around 7am to check if I am ready. Then around 8am the anesthetists came, introduce himself and asked me pre-surgery question then left. After a while Mr Christopher came and explained to me again what he is going to do and get my consent. He told me he will be creating the flap from my left thigh, I was surprise and shock because during all the consultations I had with him, he has always checked my right thigh and I think he briefly mention before that he will take it from the right however if there is no suitable blood vessel and etc, he will move it to the left thigh. However I could not confirmed this so if you are reading this, make sure you ask him clearly and noted it down properly. He mention that it is easier to harvest it from the left thigh. I was a little worried as my left thigh is slightly thicker than my right thigh and I do not want to end up with a big fat phallo. I think this happen because when I have my consultant with him, he hardly done any full thigh phallo yet.  He then asked me if I have any preference of the leght of my phallo, he said he will make it 13cm which is about 5inch which is the average size and if it's bigger than that I might have a big bulge in my trousers later on. I don't know why I agreed to him at that point because I was hoping for 5.5inch. He asked me if I have any question for him I said no and he get me to sign the consent form and left.

Around 9am the ward manager came and walk me to the theater. He asked me if Mr Christopher have draw on my thigh and I said no, he then inform Mr Christopher'd colleagues that he haven't draw on my thigh. Mr Christopher colleagues came over and spoke to me and confirmed with me that my donor site will be from my left thigh, I said yes and he seems confuse. He then spoke to Mr Christopher and both walk over to me and confirmed it with me that he will be using my left thigh. I took the opportunity to ask him if he going to use my right leg because it's thinner than my left. He then pinch my left thigh and say that is fine, he will be able to thin it a little after harvesting the flap. Then both of them leave me with the anesthetists. To be honest, I am a little confuse with the reaction from Mr Christopher reaction. I guess that happens because I am Mr Christopher's first few patients which have a thigh phallo from scratch.

The anesthetists and others than came over and speak to me. He is extremely nice and funny guy. The nurse (I think) start placing the IV drips on my left hand. Sara, Mr Christopher clinic nurse was also there which I have communicate with her over email a couple of times but never meet her before. The anesthetists then chat with me and Sara. The anesthetists then suggest me to inject all them myself, I though he was joking and he place it to the IV drip and told me to press the syringe. When I am injecting myself with the second or third massive syringe with white stuff in it, I then slowly doze off.

The next thing I remember was being call to wake up and told that the surgery was over. I think I keep murmuring 'what is the time? what is the time' because I don't want my gf to be waiting for me. I fall back to sleep and wake up a couple of times. I remember vomit at first and I saw some blurry image around the recovery room while I awake in between. I also remember they were cheering when they hear some sound. - Which later I found out it's the pulse from my phallo.

After x o'clock, I was sent back to my room. All I could do is just sleep as I was still recovering from the anesthetics. My gf arrive not long after and spend some time with me, I then told her to go back to hotel to get some rest as I would only be sleeping. The nurse came and check my blood pressure, O2 level in my blood, body temperature and used a special device which magnify the pulsing sound in my phallo every hour.

I did not eat anything on that night as I don't have any appetite at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment